Pub or bar insurance

Buying a pub or bar? Whether it’s your first or the next in a portfolio, in the city or country, we’ll arrange insurance for you at a competitive price.

Insurance for your public house or bar

If you’re buying a pub or bar, you’ll want your new business to have the best possible protection.

Thanks to our specialist knowledge of your sector, we’ll arrange the insurance you need, at a competitive price, so you can focus on building your business. We have over 35 years’ experience looking after the insurance of city bars and country pubs, from small independent public houses to large groups (including tenanted pubs, managed houses, wine bars, gastro-pubs, high-street bars and much more).

Claims are the real test of insurance.

Claims only happen when something goes wrong, and dealing with your claim just adds to your stress. So it’s a relief to know we’ll do everything for you – and we aim to win.

From the moment you tell us about your claim until the moment you receive your cheque, we’re on it. And we’ll be with you every step of the way, to ensure you get exactly what you’re entitled to.

Key covers as standard

We offer policies to suit each public house or bar business, but a typical policy includes:

  • Buildings insurance
  • Contents insurance
  • Loss of profits (business interruption)
  • Stock of wines, spirits & other stock
  • Employer’s liability insurance
  • Public/products liability insurance
  • Glass breakage cover
  • Deterioration of frozen & refrigerated food
  • Loss of money
  • Loss of licence
  • Computer equipment
  • Legal expenses
  • Passenger lift inspection.
  • Goods in transit.

We work with leading pub/bar insurers

We’re an independent broker, so we’re not tied to any insurer. That means we’ll only offer you insurance which suits your business needs and which can be tailored to suit you. We work with a range of leading insurers for pubs and bars, including Aviva, AXA, Allianz, NIG, RSA, Zurich, and more.

Personal support from named contacts

You’ll have the support of a dedicated account manager who will get to know you and your pub or bar business personally. We also offer a superb claims service, with named claims managers.

To arrange a FREE insurance review or to get a quote, please get in touch.

We focus on the customer to make sure you get the protection you deserve

Key Features

We offer policies to suit each pub or bar business, but a typical policy includes.

  • Buildings
  • Contents
  • Loss of profits (business interruption)
  • Employer's liability insurance
  • Public / Products liability cover
  • Stock of wines, spirits and other stock
  • Goods in transit
  • Loss of money
  • Loss of license
  • Glass breakage
  • Computer equipment
  • Guests' personal effects
  • Legal expenses cover
  • Passenger lift inspection

Our customer’s are at the heart of what we do:

No two businesses are the same. That’s why we don’t start with the policy we start with you. We’ll find out what matters to you and then search the insurance market to find the right cover.

What makes Christie insurance difference?


Protect your property plus its fixtures & fittings

Business Interruption

Covering loss of income if you have to suspend trading


Taking care of your stock, furnishings & equipment

Employer's Liability

In case of compensation claims for employee injury or illness

Public Liability

In case of injury to a member of the public or their property

Find out more about business insurance